Friday, October 19, 2007

Week 8

I finaly got one of the other people working for Ponseti International to post something in the SharePoint space. It was only a news article on Dr. Ponseti but at least it was something and people are starting to recognize that the space exists.

This week I entered all of the Ponseti resources that have been gathered into an Excel spread sheet. This should help me keep track of what resources have been found and their permissions status. I then started entering the items into the WiderNet Projects Host database (this is where they keep track of websites they have asked for permissions to use and if they were received).

There was also a portal project meeting with Cliff, Rachel, Sarah, Brent and me about how to go about creating portals out of the eGranary database. We also discussed how to go about allowing the eGranary user to create portals of their own out in the field. WiderNet is also trying to develop a tool bar add on that would allow people to suggest and tag websites as possible additions to the eGranary.

Next week I hope to finish entering items into the WiderNet Projects Host database and begin sending out permissions request emails. Hopefully more people will add some more items to the SharePoint space.