Thursday, November 15, 2007

Week 12

This week I finally sent out some letters requesting permissions. Rachel (another WiderNet libraian) put together a permission letter specificly for the Ponseti portal project. Out of the letters I sent out I got two responces back both allowing permission to put the information in the Ponseti portal and for distribution on the eGranary. The resources are three books published by Global-HELP on the Ponseti method and a AFO brace manufacturing company website that also has clubfoot information on it.

Wednesday there was a Portal People Meeting with Cliff, Sarah, Courtney, Rachel and myself in attendance. We updated each other on how our portal projects are going and discussed problems that we are having. In the meeting we also discussed the curve of technological adaptation; a bell curve with early adapters on the right, average person in the middle, and those who resist change on the left. We talked about how we are looking to get the early adapters on board for our projects who's presence will help convince people who are average in the technology adaptaion curve to contribute resources.