Monday, September 24, 2007

Week 2

This week I edited a sharepoint page that Cliff, Rachel and I created during the meeting we had last week. I added links to different sharepoint pages and outside websites that will be useful during the project. I also sent out an email to people involved with the project to introduce who I am and what I am working on. The email also requested that they give me some information so they could receive permissions to access the pages I am setting up (I still need to figure out how to give them permissions). I later found out that my university email account was not forwarding emails I received to the correct account. This explains why I had received so few responses to the emails I have sent out.

I also received a bibliography of articles about the Ponseti Method of curing clubfoot. I have begun looking for these articles on the Internet so we can get permissions to put them into the eGranary. I have been able to find most of them on the through the University of Iowa Library databases. This has led to confusion on my part about how to go through the process of obtaining permissions and when/if we get permissions what the website address that needs to be scraped will be since most of the articles I have gotten are in PDF form off of the libraries databases.